Sunday 10 August 2008

Sunday Office Sucks

Today was Sunday. I am sure most of the people were home enjoying while i was toiling at work. And even my boss hadn't asked me to come. It was my very own initiative. I guess they say correct when they say that with seniority comes more responsibility. You do not remain entitled to the occasional tantrums of not wanting to work or not wanting to go to office on a holiday. All this because you are more senior and you not only have to do your own work but get work done from others as well.

It is not all that bad. There are perks involved with seniority. My favorites is more salary. :-D And then you get to be given the title 'manager' that looks impressive from all angles. Your boss listens more to you and your ideas. Even asks for suggestions and approves as well.

Sometimes i think that i have had all these perks from the very beginning (except the more salary bit to which i reach rather gradually each year). The boss has always listened and many a times has agreed to my advice. I confess to enjoying the title of 'Manager' from a very early stage of my career.

But then again, whether responsibility is high or low, i never could get used to showing up in office on a holiday. And going to office on a Sunday is the torture of the highest order. Hope there aren't many such Sunday's in my life when i have to be in office. ;-)

4 comments:

Kashif said...

Congratulations to be a manager.

Now strive to achieve your goal of becoming a director in future.

Its one of my high priority professional plans to be achieved in next 5 years Insha Allah.

Best,
Kashif

Monazza Talha said...

Thanks for the congrats.

I personally don't like setting goals or making plans (especially long term ones) for myself. Whatever comes my way, i take it happily. And thanks to Allah, I keep getting blessed again and again. :-)

All the best with your goals. Hope you achieve them sooner than anticipated.

-Monazza.

Anonymous said...

U Suck too

Monazza Talha said...

Somebody thinks I suck! :'( *sob sob sniff sniff*

Would you mind telling me why?