Tuesday 5 August 2008

Spelling Bloopers and Me

One of the tasks that I am supposed to do at work while reviewing documents is to correct any spelling mistakes found. My boss is very particular about this issue and so am I. He says that complicated and complex mistakes can be easily explained to the clients. But spelling mistakes merely portray a picture of sloppy work. I cannot agree more to his comments as I believe it to be true too.

I am now so used to spotting spelling mistakes that I can sense them from miles away. Off course the work processor is my best friend in this regard. But I have also been taught well at school as far as spellings are concerned. I have also become pretty confident too that spelling errors in a document scanned by my eagle eyes would not go unnoticed and corrected.

Lately the confidence has been shaken a bit. I had been going through some older posts on my own blog and spotted a handful of such bloopers. I found ‘film’ to be written as ‘filem’. I found ‘there’ to be written as ‘theer’. And I even found the title of one of my post saying ‘motivativating’ instead of ‘motivating’. This one I found by chance as some poor gal or guy had searched for this and had been redirected to my blog. That person would surely have made a mistake in spelling the word out. But it led to me finding my blunder and correcting it.

Now I am planning to go through a number of my previous posts every day and correct any and all spelling slip ups that I may find. I hope my eagle eyes can work as well on my personal stuff as they work for my official work. If I fail I would soon be putting up an advertisement for the post of a proof reader. Be on the look out! ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

work processor = word processor
not go unnoticed and corrected. = not go unnoticed and uncorrected

*oops*

:D

Monazza Talha said...

Oh you saw that! Good! You are going to be my first preference when i am all set to choose my proof reader. ;-)

Monazza Talha said...

I am starting with the proof reading of my blog posts. Hope to find not so many mistakes. But even if i do find a couple, this is my chance to correct em all.

Wish we could do that with 'Life' as well. :-D

-Monazza.

Anonymous said...

Except that life bloopers are not fixable some times and all you can do is to learn and move on :)

Btw life without bloopers gona be so boring anyways :P