Friday 11 July 2008

Gilgit Trip: Still in the Departure Lounge

I had gotten up around 4:30 am. We left for the airport around 5:30 am so there was practically no time for breakfast. Also the hour was early and I didn’t feel like eating anything. While waiting for my plane in the lounge, doing nothing, I started feeling hungry.

I was in the process of making up my mind about getting up and going to the little tuck shop to feed myself when I saw a waiter carrying a tray full of fruit juice boxes. He passed by and I heard him ask a bunch of people if they were on the Gilgit flight. They said no. Then he asked another bunch and they said no too. I was about to utter a bit loudly that “I” was waiting for the Gilgit flight but he moved away. I saw him continuously asking people the same question when finally he hit jackpot. He found the bunch actually going to Gilgit.

A minute later his tray was empty and that gang was happily sipping the juice. Seeing this sight, my tummy grumbled even louder. But that time it was too late. I had missed my juice. But then I kept hoping that I wouldn’t at least miss my flight.

No comments: