Monday 14 July 2008

Gilgit Trip: Wednesday – Once Again the Same Old Story

Yeah I repeated the same routine on Wednesday too. Got up, sorry, was woken up by my mother, early in the morning. The weather was dry but cloudy. This gave me lots of hope. Today my father had given up so instead of him my sister dropped me off on the airport. I did the same stuff I had been doing for the past few days. Checked in, waited in the lounge and started at the green ‘semi-misprinted’ writings on the schedule screen.

I was lucky that day. The flight time was 6:45 am and I was on the plane by that time. Wooo Hooo! I had got my window seat so snuggled up in there and waited for the plane to fly. Soon after we all settled down the plane began to taxi. That took quite long though. 15 minutes of movement with zero speed on the runway seemed a bit silly. But finally when the plane came to the right place it sped ahead and till I counted to 13 it was in the air. Tat acceleration of the plane and taking of tickled me again. I was laughing, having fun and was utterly delighted.

We slowly moved through the light clouds. It was a lovely sight. The clouds were so yummy that I wanted to jump on them. The sun was on the other side so it didn’t bother my eyes at all. I was in a nice spot at a nice time.

Soon after we took off, snacks were served. I asked the airhostess if tea was served as well. She replied that since the weather was not good they were not serving it. I listened to her but said to my self, “What bad weather?” Yes it was cloudy but there was no rain, no turbulence, no nothing.

I shrugged my shoulders and started enjoying my view out the window again while having Lays chips (the flavour I did not like) along with Pepsi. As I was sliding deeper into the amazing world of the clouds I felt something going wrong.

Guess what it was! The plane was turning! :’( I felt like banging my head on the window. I felt really bad and sad. Soon after the plane turned and the sun started shining in my eyes (now I was on the other side), the pilot announced that we had turned back. He gave the reason that it was to cloudy on the mountains so he couldn’t find a suitable way. He couldn’t find his way! Aaarghhh!

He was the pilot. What could we say or do. We accepted the fate and calmed down in our seats. We had been flying for about 25 minutes when the plane turned. In another 35 to 30 minutes we were back on the ground.

I got a ride from an uncle who knew Abbu. Got my tickets reconfirmed for the next day and was dropped off at my destination, i.e. home sweet home.

No comments: