Friday 11 July 2008

Gilgit Trip: The Hurdles

Making the plan was the easy part. The rest was difficult. The first hurdle came when I was unable to get a seat in the flight to Gilgit. I guess I was too late in making the reservations and when I finally asked my mother to go and book a seat, she was informed that there were no bookings till the end of July. I felt taken aback when I heard this news. I didn’t know what to do next.

Then I called up my friend to ask for details of travel by road. She gave me all the relevant names and numbers to help me out. And then I asked her ‘the question’ that how long does the journey last. She told me 18 hours. I felt the world twirling around my head. Then I said to myself that if my friend can do it and do it many times, why not I. so I made up my mind that if I do not get a seat on the plane I will go by road. Right after making this plan in my head I discussed this option with my mother. She approved so I booked my seat on a bus to Gilgit for Sunday July 6, 2008.

No comments: