Saturday 12 July 2008

Gilgit Trip: The Good News

While I was despairing due to no plane seats and was busy planning out my journey by road, i was offered help by a pal that she could try getting a seat. I happily accepted the offer. She set out on this difficult task, thanks to her. She tried but she could only give me the news of the booking (either good or bad) on Saturday. I had nothing to lose so I waited till that day. Saturday morning I got a call from her. She made my day by telling me that a seat was booked and I could collect the ticket from the PIA office. I was really delighted. I got up, got ready and then Ammi and I went to the PIA office to get the ticket. When I paid for the ticket and Ammi put it in her purse, it felt like a heavy load had lifted off my chest. I felt calm and satisfied. Smiling I came home to prepare for my journey the next day, that is on Sunday.

No comments: