Thursday 6 March 2008

Treat at the Khookha

Today when I reached the office, I saw four of my colleagues sitting outside. Seeing this sight told me instantly that the door was locked and so nobody could get in. I thought it would be a couple of minutes wait before we would be let in. But I was told that it might take 30 to 35 minutes. A wave of excitement ran through me as I knew I could have more moments of freedom from work.

A pal suggested to go for tea at the ‘khookha’ (a very small eat-out place). I instantly agreed. So we three gals set out to attack the khookha [It was a girls' time out so boys NOT allowed]. When we reached there, there was no place for us to sit so we were offered seats outside while we waited. We had to wait for about 15 minutes before we could get in that tiny place. Once we went in, we were offered our ‘usual’ seats. [Yeah we are regular customers at that place! ;-)]

The freshly made ‘paratha’, that we ordered with the tea, made our day. It was so nice, hot and crisp that it is beyond description. It was simply heavenly. We did not stop there. First we ordered or paratha. Then we went for samoosa plate. Then we ordered another paratha. And then…. Well then we stopped ;-) The tea was also great. If only we had some more time, we would have had seconds and even thirds of that. I do not know if we can use this term for tea, but I would say it was delicious.

We had also gone there to eat after such a loooooong time [Umm well 10-12 days or so ;-) hehe], so we enjoyed a lot. As soon as we finished devouring the scrumptious and highly delectable meal we headed back to the office. We thanked our lucky stars as the office was open and we were also not late. It had been unlocked just a few minutes before our arrival.

So we had a fun time even before starting work. It was good. Wish we could do it more often.

3 comments:

Kashif said...

Assalam-o-alaikum Monazza,

I hope my message finds you in best of health(after eating too many parathas) and Imaan.

Good to know about this adventarious trip to Khokha.

You lucky girl as i couldn't find any Khokha here yet though i will keep searching some alternate may be in England site especially Breadford or Manchester.

Last week i did some search in London but couldn't succeed.

Myself and Rashid sb. used to go to Khokha's in Pindi and Islamabad for tea and sometimes paratha as well.

I would love to visit a khokha when i will be in Pakistan next time inshallah.

Best for now.
Kashif

Anonymous said...

U lucky UUUUUuuuu....

go buy a camera or mobile phone with camera or learn how to draw the pics on the go ... i don't care ...

but do post some pics ...

Monazza Talha said...

Dear Anonymous,

I do like taking pictures of all the odd things (like 'khookha' and 'samoosa' and 'paratha'). And i already do that as well (amidst shouts from my family and friends that 'What are you doing!). Will try to put up some interesting ones as i get time to copy them from my phone to the PC and from the PC to Blogger. :-D

Cheers,

Monazza