Saturday 8 March 2008

Gum Sabotage

You can use anything to sabotage other people's stuff. Gum is one such powerful tool. Not in its 'raw' format, this is quite harmless, but in its dangerous ‘chewed’ form.

Yeah CHEWED. The chewed gum, as you all know, is a highly sticky substance that can stick to practically any surface. And to remove it is the most gruesome task in the whole wide world. Thank God that the gum I am talking about did not stick to me, my clothes, anything that was in contact with me or anything that belonged to me. Phew!

Some great personality in my office had helped himself (‘Himself’ because it could NEVER have been a girl.) to a gum and stuck to one of the metal file cupboards. And he didn’t just stick the gum in its usual blob form. He had tried creating some art with it and had stretched it to half a foot long area. It was a horrific sight. Purely, truly, madly, deeply disgusting (yes I have nicked the T M D words from the Savage Garden track).

I didn’t try to do any ‘social work’ either. I just saw the gum sticking there that stared back at me laughing sarcastically. I looked, got irritated, bestowed some monikers upon the person that had done it, and went about minding my own business.

I will ask the office boy in the morning to get rid of that. But I wish I could find out the culprit. Then I would love to stick him on the wall, just like he stuck his gum to the cupboard.

No comments: