Friday 28 March 2008

The Lost Sparrow

There was a meeting with one of the prospective CMMI consultants for our company. When that guy came I was also called in the conference room. It was not long before I was sitting there that I noticed a small flying spec. At first I thought it was that big housefly. Thinking this, the next question that came to my mind was that did I see the fly from across the conference room glass or was it flying right over my head. I turned slightly but didn’t see anything. Taking a sigh of relief that the fat fly was outside I turned towards the visitor.

But just after moments, I saw that spec again. Not only that but a few tiny feather-like things in the air as well. I couldn’t take it any more. Couldn’t keep my head straight and my concentration focused on the meeting. I had to turn around. So I did. And there it was, a little sparrow, helplessly flying here and there in the office. It must have mistaken the office door as an exit from the building. Little did the little bird know where it was headed. Just one glance told me the whole plight of the bird that it had lost its way and was desperately seeking an outlet from the closed walls.

My motherly and animal loving instincts aroused at once. I wanted to run away from the meeting, towards the little afraid bird, and help it find its way towards the blue skies. But I had to wait patiently as it would have been absolutely rude, leaving our guest like that.

And I waited, and waited and waited till the meeting ended. But by the time I came out, the sparrow had already gone. I couldn’t inquire much about the well being of the bird as everybody seemed distant from this issue.

I just wish that the lost sparrow finally found its way and reached its destination. I myself am just like that sparrow these days. May Allah help me in finding my way out of the unknown territory towards clear blue skies as well. Aameen.

4 comments:

Kashif said...

Assalam-o-alaikum Monazza,

Good to see your blogs after a long time and especially your loving nature towards animals.

Allah hum sab ko aasaniyan ata farmaye and dosron ke liye aasaniyan paida kerne ki taufeeq ata farmayein.

Ameen

Monazza Talha said...

Walaikum Assalam Kashif,

Bohat hee achi Dua dee hai. Ameen and Jazakallah.

Anonymous said...

Sparrow in meeting room ... u sure ??? Ok even if it was there, than u wasted whole meeting thinking about the bird ... thts kinda strange. On the top of it u don't know if little birdy is all fine or not .... umm ...

Next time get up and tell them to stop the meeting as bird being distraction to u. OKAY

btw birdies r such a cutties ... isn't it :)

Monazza Talha said...

@Anonymous

No no, the sparrow was outside the meeting room. It was just inside the office. Well the meeting was not a total loss. I being a 'multitasking' person, managed to worry about the bird and grasp the main points of the meeting, all at the same time.

Your suggestion is superb though! Next time, i WILL stop the meeting.

I couldn't agree more that birdies ARE cuties. I love em as well as all the animal kingdom. Not too much of a fan of the Protozoans though. Maybe one day i will develop a taste. :-D

-Monazza.