Friday 28 March 2008

Fall from a Bike: Witnessed

Yesterday when I was coming to the office, I saw a guy fall off a bike very close to my car. I literally froze in my tracks. I got a bit scared for the guy and dearly wished he was not hurt. The guy, however, was very courageous as he instantly sprang to his feet after falling. He picked up his bike after brushing off the dirt from his clothes and continued with his journey.

All of this happened in a flash. But I kept thinking about it for a long time. I recalled many of the incidents of such falls that I had heard from family and friends. And it was nothing pleasant to think about.

I, for one, am already very careful and cautious about the bike riders on the road. I am particularly more careful when the riders have another person, usually a lady, sitting in the back. Whatever the bikers do, I make it a point to give way to them when I am driving, even if they are being rash and careless on the road. I do this because I know that I might not get hurt but for them even a little fall may prove to be fatal. Now the level of my caution has been turned up another notch.

May Allah keep all the bike riders safe and may He also knock some sense into them to be a bit more careful on the roads!

PS: I know everybody on the road should be careful, but I said the above prayer especially for bikers in context of my post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey check out this ...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uSdfyuXCF4

Monazza Talha said...

Hehehe :-) I have seen this one. I found it quite interesting. Interesting because firstly i could see the women police of Pakistan in action. And secondly it made me wonder how much free time do Pakistani people have at their hands to be able to make such videos.

Thank God the ladies escaped this episode quickly and unharmed.

-Monazza.