Sunday 30 March 2008

Plan in Danger

There was a plan to go to Lahore for the weekend. I was a part of it. My sister, her friend and the friend’s two sisters were going to sight see and do some shopping. I was invited too. And I accepted. The plan was final, the seats were booked and all of us were all set to sail on the specified date and time, i.e. on Saturday morning.

But then I, the great, got a call from my big boss, while I was still on my way home from office on Friday. The call was about some bugs that had once again crept into an application. As my boss spoke to me, the list of bugs and error seemed to get longer and longer. After embarrassing me to some extent and scolding me I was given orders to get things fixed over the weekend. I felt a dash of emotional blackmail in all that as well, when I was reminded of being a ‘Manager’ and was encouraged to be bold; ready to take responsibility; always all set to jump in the rough waters to get things fixed.

*Continued*

No comments: