Wednesday 26 January 2005

Race Against Time: Deadline Thursday

Since the beginning of this week I had been racing against the time. Well the thing is I wanted to take leave on Friday and that's how it started.

My boss had plans to call everybody to work on Saturday as well as Sunday. So asking for leave (making it three days away from the office) was a tough task. But I mustered up all my courage and blurted out that I want a one day leave. He first asked me why I wanted it. So I told him that I had to go to Lahore to attend a friend's wedding. Then he said that taking leave is only a problem when work is not done on time. He added that I could take that leave provided I could finish my tasks by Thursday.


So here I am, typing away at the keyboard, trying to complete my "Test Procedures". I am using the word trying since I know that when my boss will take a look at those, he will spot so many errors that naked eye is unable to see. ;-)

I am almost done. But these three days have been really hectic. My fingers try to go numb in the middle of my work and I have to stretch and bend them to prevent them from falling asleep. And then my back starts aching and my wrist starts complaining. (Hey boss, take care of the ergonomics! Please!)

Last but not the least my eyelids start shutting and my mind starts dozing off. I have to jerk myself to prevent me from going into a deep slumber.

I wonder if it is because of the load of work, or because of the continuous work, or is it because of the fact that I am a talkative human who longs for a talkative company, in the office. ;-)

1 comment:

Vivek said...

hope u get yer work done

"my back starts aching and my wrist starts complaining" .. early signs of carpal tunnel

boredom eh :-? u can always con yer boss into recruiting someone to assist you or u can ... click here!an' about the job thingie ... umm tis a long story :p