Tuesday 18 January 2005

A Human Tsunami & Business Minded Kids

Just like at all weddings the spectacle at this one (the one I attended this weekend) during the dinnertime was worth watching. As soon as it was announced that dinner is served people rushed towards the tables like a big human Tsunami. Then like an army they took over all the bowls and spoons and the serving spoons. They turned into a great wall, penetrating which was a great and skilled task. Their hands worked quickly, like a high-speed robot, trying to fill the bowl not to the brim but even more, with the chicken corn soup. ;-)

Thank God no soup was spilled, at least not on me and Attiya. ;-)

The other item on the menu was a lunch box. The lunch box was a small box containing small tit bits, like a sandwich, a chicken cutlet, a cream roll, a mini pizza and some 'mithaaee'. Now one person was supposed to have one lunch box. But people attacked those too and took as many more as they could.

On the table where Attiya and I were sitting, there were sitting some kids. And they indulged in the lunch box looting routine equally. They said to each other, "Let's take 4 each." Then another one said, "I can go and get some more from the next room"

The amazing thing is that they succeeded in making the collection. Whereas me and Attiya ended up sharing a single box. ;-)

That’s not it! The kids were really business minded, so they thought of a business deal then and there. They said, "Now that we have got so many boxes, we can give it to the people who don't have any, in exchange for MONEY" I was thrilled at this. I could not believe my ears.

Now I think that maybe I should go to those kids and take a lesson or two regarding business. ;-)

No comments: