Monday 10 January 2005

Multitasking

Today I decided that I want some music in the background during my journey to the office. Since the cassette player in the car is broken (it's been broken for ages now), I opted for the Walkman, my sister's that is ;-).

I sat in the car, inserted one end of my cool blue earphones into the Walkman and the other into my ears. Started driving while listening to some cool tracks by one of my favorite bands Survivor (Remember the song Eye of the Tiger).

I was really enjoying myself. But every time I would get into the groove some stupid car would disrupt it all and make the mercury in my head rise.

It happens everyday but today I was getting a bit more irritated. Maybe because I wanted to enjoy the music in peace, or maybe I had added to the list of tasks I was performing (i.e. driving, paying attention to the road and then listening to music) at that time and it was getting out of hand.

Twice it almost did get out of hand. I had to apply the brakes by force and even that didn’t assure me that my car would not hit the one in the front. I had to apply brakes as well as turn the car away in order to save a collision. :-D

Thank God nothing happened. The car stayed safe, and so did everybody and everything else.

The second time I did that I decided I am never going to listen to music while driving again. But then a tiny voice inside me advised me and I decided, I will listen to music every day in order to perfect my multitasking. ;-) heheheeee

PS: I wonder, how many decisions have i made so far today. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

man...you sure are risk-taking and this is definitely a good way to look at it..just keep the seat belt on ;)

Monazza Talha said...

Well Neha, i believe that taking NO RISK at all is INJURIOUS to health. ;-) So one should work and stay safe but then one should also play and take risks too. :-)