Tuesday 18 January 2005

Had my hands full at the weekend

It's been a couple of days since I last posted here. But the reason was that I was extremely busy. Especially the weekend was really tiring. There are two reasons for that. First I had to WORK (can you believe it!!) on the weekend. Secondly I had to attend my friend's wedding.

My friend (his name is Naveed) had invited me long ago, so I was really looking forward to attending the wedding. But this work-on-the-weekend thing was a last minute call. Friday evening my boss told me that I would have to come tomorrow. I said I will come but will have to go early as I have a wedding to attend. He agreed.

So Saturday morning I came to the office. Both my mother and my father were not pleased at this, but what could I do. After working for about 5 hours, I took leave and headed home.

From there I went to pick my friend Attiya, and then we went to the wedding. Naturally since it was a wedding and as we the Pakistanis are, highly unpunctual people, me and Attiya got stuck there and got very late. We were there well in time (sort of). But the 'Baraat' arrived late, so the 'Nikah' took place late and the food was served late. So finally around 11:15pm when the bride and the groom appeared together and sat on the sofa on the stage, we hurried to them. Said Hi and instantly said Bye and came back.

There at home temperatures were raised and tempers were lost. But everything was under a shell as Attiya was with me. Then my father and mother accompanied me and Attiya so that we could drop her off. It was late so I couldn't have gone alone. We came back and without a word everybody went to bed.

That day I knew that I had to go to the office on Sunday too, as my boss had said and since my work was unfinished. But I didn't open my mouth till Sunday morning. And then when my mother saw me ironing my clothes she asked me where I was going. When I told her, she was again furious. I managed to escape and came to the office. Here again after working for a couple of hours I took leave and the whole cycle of going home, picking up Attiya, going to the 'Walima', getting late in coming back and dropping off Attiya continued.

I was exhausted (because of the marathon of work and a wedding)! I wanted a whole day off to sleep and relax. But.....

I had to get up and go to the office on Monday again!!!!

What a life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwh.. mannn!
rrrreally what a life :P

Monazza Talha said...

Yeah, that's how it is when you grow older. ;-)