Friday 12 September 2008

Quaid e Azam's 60th Death Anniversary (September 11, 2008)

Yesterday was the 60th dead anniversary of our beloved Quaid e Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah. I had completely forgotten about it. I only realized when i had a glimpse of the main page of the newspaper. Thank God that our newspapers still mark the day by posting news item related to such anniversaries. Otherwise, people like me would remain uninformed on such days.

It is a pity though that such things should slip our minds. Some people would say that it is important to remember the teachings of a great leader instead of remembering his/her birth or death anniversary. While this holds true, it is also true that in this busy age such days provide us with the necessary motivation and inspiration. We may not forget the teachings and sayings throughout the year, but these days only refresh things in our minds.

Once again i am making no resolutions but would really like my mind to work with me and help me remember memorable dates, whether those are birthdays of friends & family or anniversaries like this.

No comments: