Tuesday 2 September 2008

First Roza 2008

The first roza went well for me. Though it was not without little setbacks and hardships. But every action was followed by a little good as well.

The first thing that happened was the broken down car. It didn't even start on ignition. We had to take the taxi. But we found it quickly and the driver took us to destination on time. So the net effect was good (i think).

Then my boss told me that even though he is satisfied with my work, he is not quite so with my attitude. According to him i was not showing the required amount of enthusiasm in my work. And he did not appreciate it. I told him my problems and reasons why my energy levels were a few notches down. He listened and promised some good things. So that turned out good as well. Though i still need to work on my energy levels in order to get a good boost.

Another setback was related to an online gift order that was not getting through to the destination. I called up the support personnel and they told me that somehow the address they have was incomplete so that is why the order could not be delivered. Listening to this gave me a long face. But there was hope that i could contact them again and get the address corrected. So that ended well too. Now i am in process to get that address fixed. Wish me luck!

One 'bad' thing for which i could not get the neutralizing 'good' was the news of demise of a friend's father. He was sick for quite some time but everybody was hopeful for a full recovery. But today i got the news that he passed away. I felt sad as well as completely helpless because i couldn't be with my friend right away to console her or to provide support. May Allah rest her father's soul in peace.

There were some more episodes. But i guess that's all i have energy for right now. I am off to bed so that i am able to get up on sehri and also keep my eyes open throughout the meal. ;-)

No comments: