Friday 12 September 2008

7th Anniversary of 9/11

Yesterday on September 11, 2008, it was the anniversary of another incident which is most popularly known as 9/11 (read nine eleven). The original incident took place in 2001 when the twin towers of World Trade Center were hit by two airplanes and the buildings collapsed to the ground. Several people were killed in the incident.

Who did that and why was it done is still a mystery. Americans believe those were 'Al Quaida' people, and due to this, hold the whole Muslim community responsible for it. There is one theory that it was a Jewish conspiracy. Some say it was done by outsiders (non US people) while some say that it was an inside job.

This incident changed many lives, the way we can never even imagine. It had many repercussions. The most deadly of them all, in my opinion, is the act of USA to go on a killing spree while legitimizing it in the name of war on terror. The victims of this are Muslims.

I do not know if the things have become any better (all i can see is these getting worse) but i guess that it is high time that innocents are set free from the suffering. They should no longer have to pay for the crimes they never committed. What happened on 9/11 2008 was indeed a sad incident. But can the people and government (and the soon to be elected government) of that "grief stricken" country assure the world, especially the Muslims, that things are any better at this point in time?

2 comments:

Rowdy1 said...

you greatly misunderstand 9-11, not several people killed, several thousand. And we do not hold all muslims responsible,only those radicals that are responsible. The muslim community needs to rid themselves of these radicals and you wont have to worry so much about what the USA will do, ask your country to do its part and not always blame the USA, I hope we can all find true peace soon.

Monazza Talha said...

Dear Rowdy1,

Thanks for your comments. I would like to add a few things here if you woudl consider reading.

I do not misunderstand 9/11 at all and i am fully aware of the death toll. I condemn that act and do feel sympathy towards all whose loved ones perished on that day in that incident.

You might deny it or maybe the US nation/government has given such an impression to the outside world (especially Muslims) that they do hold ALL Muslims responsible for the act. My point is that terrorists are terrorists. So why label them with the religion they follow and coin new religion-based terms for terrorism like 'Islamic/Muslim Terrorists'? Do believe me when i say that my religion Islam is a religion of peace (Islam means peace).

I am not the kind of person who wants to blame others just to rid myself of any guilt. But do you not think that USA government is responsible for wrecking havoc in the Muslim world by enforcing war (in the name of terror) on Afghanistan and Iraq? The weapons of mass destruction were never found, now were they? But US did reach near the oil fields.

I blame my own country for its weaknesses and for not being able to give a stable Pakistan to the country men. But i do blame USA government for the killings of innocents in the northern parts of my country (Waziristan, Bajor etc). I also indirectly blame USA for terrorist attacks throughout my country (the latest such act being the suicide blast on Marriott Hotel, Islamabad, Pakistan) because i feel those are acts of retaliation from those whose innocent families have been massacred by the US troops.

In the end i would like to request you to not misunderstand me as well. I am a Muslim and believe in peace for ALL mankind. I strongly condemn all acts of terrorism (whether done by any individual group or a country). May Allah be with us all and rid us of all this commotion.

Monazza :-)