Monday 23 June 2008

Bundle of Joy

Today while i was away from my desk for a short while, somebody left a small package there. I discovered it when i came back. Don't get all excited as it was not a gift from a secret admirer. :-P It was a little bundle of visiting cards, my very own. I got about a 1000 before, but that batch was rotten as it had my name written all wrong. Today's little bundle was actualy little. I guess it must have contained a couple of hundered cards. But on these my name was written correctly. This made me happy.

But that was the only thing that made me happy. Becasue as soon as i glanced at the cards, i felt bad. The quality of paper was not good. The cutting was not neat. The edges were not sharp. The printing was slightly smudgy. The use of space and white space was pathetic. But i just felt joy inside that i finally got a mistake free handful of my very own visiting cards.

This happiness was short lived. As soon as i reached home i handed out a card to my mother, my sister and my father. And just as i handed over one to my father and explained to him why i was so critical of the card that i noticed a mistake. It had a whole one character space between the dot (.) and the com of the web site URL.

Arghhhhh! I will have to return this bundle again and wait another 6 months for the next delivery. Tough luck i guess!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeeeeezzz ... for one freaken space ... i would call it cynic and not a perfectionist ...

Kashif said...

I think better keep them and meanwhile ask your company to place a new order of good quality cards:)

Good luck next time.

Best for now,

Kashif

Anonymous said...

Come Onnn ... I could have think of 100s better come back for my comment. Don't tell me they have stopped growing almonds in Pakistan :P


PS: Sorry :)