Friday 7 December 2007

My First Chalaan aka Speeding Ticket

Last week on Wednesday, the day I met the first ever purse snatcher of my life, I got a speeding ticket too. It was in the morning when I was going to my office. I was on the newly built road called 7th Avenue. I thought that the speed limit was 80 KM but it turned out I was wrong. I passed under a bridge and had to slow down as I was instructed to stop by the traffic policeman. I stopped like a good girl. Though I do think that I could have fled the scene of the crime, easily. ;-)

When the car came to a halt, the policeman came to me and said, "Madam, you were speeding". I asked if the speed limit was 80. He corrected me and said it was 70 KM. Then he asked for my license that I handed over without any resistance. He took it, noted something from it on a form, asked me to sign it and then gave that 'ticket' to me. And as he handed over that paper to me, he also instructed me to wear the seat belt as well. I obediently gave in and put on the seat belt. And then finally sped away. No I didn't go over the speed limit. For God's sake I had just got a "speeding" ticket. ;-) hehe

This was my first ever ticket in the 10 year driving history of my life. It made me an 'offender'. But I am sad at only one thing. I got a "speeding" ticket at the speed of 80 KM only, which I feel is a disgrace to all those speeding people on the roads. *sniff sniff*


My Driving Ticket

2 comments:

Kashif said...

Monazza you are still LUCKY that you got only ticket and no points on your licence.

As you better understands the CHALAN situation here in europe.

80 Km speed is not too bad on main road:)

Last sunday we were doing 95 Miles on Motorway and allowed is 70 Miles('-'), and luckly couldn't get caught by poilice or camera.

Anyhow wish you good luck in future and keep this receipt safe.

Keep smiling.
Kashif.

Monazza Talha said...

Yeah thank GOD that we don't get points on the license. Lucky residents of Pakistan. :-D

Congratulations on dodging the police in the foreign land. We Pakistanis are really proud of you.

Monazza :-)