Sunday 2 December 2007

Daewoo Kisses a Truck ;-)

I spent the weekend in Lahore. I went there by the Daewoo bus service and came back through it as well. For the return I got the seat at the very end. It was the 2nd row from the last and I got the window seat. The journey was smooth. But towards the end of it there was a jolt that everybody felt.

It so happened that we came to a curve on the road. The bus was in an inner lane and there was a truck in the outer one. As the bus over took the truck, I was looking at it closely and felt that the bus was going to hit it. And right in front of my eyes the left back end of the bus hit the side of the truck. The point of collision was right under the window where I was sitting.

I was off course startled because I not only heard the thud and felt the jolt but also saw it happening. There was a commotion in the people sitting nearby. Somebody suggested stopping the bus seeing what happened. But since everything was fine, neither the bus stopped and nor did the noise last long. My sister who was sitting right beside me jokingly branded me as being ‘jinxed’ and we moved on.

When finally the journey ended and we got out of the bus, I went round to the bus to see the signs of impact. There was a deep horizontal scratch and nothing more.

At this incident I just thanked Allah that it was not such a strong impact so as to cause much damage. All passengers of the bus as well as those traveling in the truck remained safe.

Now all I am wondering about is that am I really ‘jinxed’ these days ;-)

2 comments:

Kashif said...

Monazza sad to know about this incident.

It is true that such incidents are happening in your life these days but you should see that you are always safe like Allah is holding you always.

May be Allah wants you to get back to HIM.

You are not a Jinx at all even these days:)

Hey, why are you lazy about SADQA ('-')

Kala bakra easily mil sakta hei Pakistan se:)

Keep smiling.
Kashif

Monazza Talha said...

LOL @ kala bakra.

I will Insha Allah do this ASAP. It is highly needed i guess :-)

-Monazza.