Saturday 8 December 2007

My Commando Action

I have never actually felt scared of being alone, traveling alone or being alone in the dark somewhere outside. But since the episode with the purse snatcher has occurred, I do actually feel a bit scared when going out towards my car at the end of office hours.

I am calling my ‘routine’ of going up to the car ‘commando action’. When I get out of the building I survey the parking lot from afar. I look here and there, as far as I can, to spot presence of any humans, especially males. Then I enter that area slowly, still looking around (literally looking around). As soon as I enter the parking lot, I start walking as fast as I can towards the car. While doing my run-walk I do turn completely around, at least once, to see if I am being followed. Meanwhile, I take out my car keys and keep them in my hand. When I reach the car, I unlock the door, and literally jump in with all my stuff. I quickly close the door and lock it with my elbow.

Once I am secure inside my car, I put my stuff aside and settle down. Then put on my dupatta-crumpling seat belt on, start up the car and speed away.

Doing all this makes ma laugh inside. Finding myself in a cowardly role is hilarious for me. But then I console myself by saying that better safe than sorry. ;-)

2 comments:

Kashif said...

Of course its wise to be careful and you are doing fine:)

"Doodh ka Jala Chach bi Phoonk Phoonk ker Peeta hei"

Just wondering why is your car parking so unsafe without any security gaurds or proper safety implementations.

You should pass on this request to the management so they could take proper actions.

Today i heard a news from Pakistan that a bus coming from Karachi was attacked by some bad guys and they have taken everything from the passengers. My aunt and cousin was also in that bus and they had to lost money, jewellary and shopping stuff, even no money left to make a phone call .

May Allah guide us and especially to these snatchers. Ameen

Be safe and carefull:)

Massalama
Kashif

Monazza Talha said...

Hi Kashif,

It was dreadful that happened to your aunt and cousin. But thank God they remained safe and were not hurt. Reading and listening to such stuff always leaves a bad taste in the mouth. AT the same time it makes me feel sad that why is the situation of our country like this.

And yes i am trying to be really careful that is why i do my little routine. So far so good. Hope i remain safe as well as everybody else.

Monazza :-)