Wednesday 29 October 2008

Trance News: Girls, Mehandi & Eid Celebrations @ Office

The day before the Eid, we the girls in the office had our own celebration (amidst the shifting of office). I was supposed to bring some 'mehandi' but i had left office so late the previous day that couldn't manage it. But not to worry, we got mehandi. After all we are a whole gang of girls. :-)

Since our computers were disconnected and all packed up, there was not much we could do. So after doing our part in the shifting (of our stuff) we moved to our prayer room to celebrate. Well we chose that room since it had a lot of open space and a carpet. So we could easily move around.
We took our places and started off.

We were four, so two started applying mehandi on hands of the other two. I was among the first batch to get my hands painted. I not only enjoyed the feeling of the mehandi slowly touching my hand but also enjoyed the fact that it was turning into a nice flowery pattern.
Here is what my hand looked like:

My Mehandi Adorned Hand

One of our pals had to leave as it was time for her ride home. It was bad letting her go away with bare hands (mehandi-less), but we had no choice. She went and we three were left.


Then came my turn to apply mehandi on another friend's hand. I was the worst of us all. Rather they were good and i was the only highly unskilled person who couldn't even make a neat curve, let alone a straight line. But i did my best (as much as i could do). So here is how our hands looked in the end (I am sure you all would spot which one was done by me):

Our Hands

It was a short span of time for us to enjoy. And in that short span too we had to hurry. But this little adventure of ours was fun. It also gave us a head start in the Eid preparations. So here is how girls start Eid celebrations using mehandi in an office. ;-)

5 comments:

Monazza Talha said...

All the clutter of tissues around us shows how engrossed we were in our activity and how careful we were so as to prevent the carpet from any mehandi stains. :-D

We were sitting on the 'saff' (large prayer mat) as the carpet in that room was not clean enough for us to sit on. ;-)

-Monazza.

Anonymous said...

The sight of Musalla (Prayer Mat) tickled my pleasant memories :D. I can remember, FP (Tahir) brought this Musalla in month of Ramazan (If I am not wrong this is 3rd Ramazan at this time). I was also feeling a need of Musalla at that time but FP went in front and brought this valuable asset. True: "Naik kam me der nahi krni chahea". FP continuously getting reward for this even in his absence. A smart deal, Hats off for FP, feeling jealous.

My involvement in Musalla took off my attention from the surroundings. Awesome to see Eid preps. This is very important; we should rejoice and celebrate our festivals (Eid ul Fitar and Eid ul Azha) with true zeal and devotion.

Thank you, Salman.

Monazza Talha said...

Yes i remember how and when Tahir brought this prayer mat to the office. It was actually mine and the mat's 4th Ramzan in the office. Let's see how many more Ramzans are we going to spend here.

As said by Allah, the "aftereffects" of all deeds are also recorded [Surah Ya'sin: Verse 11], apart from the the deeds themselves, it is better to do more and more good ones. This way the accumulated aftereffects would be advantageous. Otherwise, who knows if one might be able to erase the aftereffects of bad deeds or not. May Allah enable us all to do more and more timely good deeds (Ameen).

-Monazza.

Anonymous said...

Wow Hina tattooing ... cool. You guys look pro.

Monazza Talha said...

Wish i really was a pro in this :'( I love mehandi but can never make a nice and neat design on my hands myself. Asking my sister to doodle is also not an option always. But i will practice practice PRACTICE! This is brilliant brilliant BRILLIANT! *evil laugh*