Monday 20 October 2008

3 Weeks in a Trance

It’s been nearly 3 weeks that I have been acting like a tortoise as far as my online activities are concerned. I was no faster in my offline tasks either, but online I have just been a slug. In these three weeks many things have happened. Like:

- First there was Eid. And I got 5 days off on this occasion.

- I took a day off to try to get better and get rid of my nasty cough (didn’t work).

- My sister came from Norway.

- I started work after Eid in the new company office on a different floor. We had already shifted to the 2nd floor from the third a day before the holidays. But that time the office was not functional and was just a mess.

- I got my 3 fiscal year completion bonus from the company. (Boy did I get rich! hehe)

- A new guy joined my QA team.

- Another guy “ran away” from my QA team.

- My sister left for Norway after a week.

- I interviewed a person who was around 50 years old, for my team. He had 10 years of experience only in QA while the total work experience spread over 30 years. (WOW & Phew!)

- I shortlisted two freshers to join my team as an experiment (No I will not play with their future at all. Rather maybe they will find something great here in my team.).

- I became ‘The Hulk Bee’ on PuzzleBee on Facebook.

- My blog got 4000 hits (The day I was planning to celebrate and glorify, but missed. Better luck next time when the blog gets 5000 hits ;-) hehe).

- I finally got an acceptance from the Islamabad Metblogs captains to start writing for that blog.

- I attended a wedding and witnessed a fusion of Pakistani and Afghani cultures.

- Our neeli pari (car) got hit yet again from behind by a green number plated car while my sister was driving it to work.

If I think some more, I might remember other “events” as well that happened during all this quiet time. But I shouldn’t bore you anymore. Let me start out with my dramatic depiction of several of these above mentioned items.

No comments: