Thursday 2 October 2008

Emergency Eid

Seems whatever we have been doing lately, we have started doing it in an 'emergency'. Finish the office tasks in emergency. Deliver the final product in emergency. Make preparations for an event or occasion in an emergency. We even have mehandi (henna) that says on its label ‘emergency’.

In this hour of emergency we didn’t even spare the Eid. We had it sort of kind of in an emergency. Everybody was on the lookout of the Shawwal moon right from the ‘aftari’ time on the 29th fast of Ramzan. We couldn’t see anything. Then we all were glued to the screens of the idiot box to see if we might catch a glimpse of the news from any news channel, saying its Eid the next day. All we kept seeing was that the moon was not sighted in any major city of Pakistan. We all waited and waited and waited for good news. But nothing happened.

I for one lost all hope around 10 p.m. and took to PuzzleBee on Facebook. I kept busy for an hour or so. Then suddenly I heard my sister saying that it is Eid the next day. It was unexpected and I didn’t know how to react. At first I was bit annoyed that why was it announced so late. But then I accepted the fact and turned my mind to the ‘festive’ mode. ;-)

I did spend the Eid day with enthusiasm and fervour. Had fun amidst my coughing and sneezing. Had a variety of eatables, both sweet & salty and enjoyed every meal. But I still kept thinking that we are celebrating this Eid in an "emergency". ;-)

5 comments:

Kashif said...

Eid Mubarak!

I'm afraid i don't remmber if i have greeted you before or not.

How was your Eid?

It was nice on my end having good time with family especially Pakistani community.

In afternoon we went for bowling though i couldn't do well on that day:)

BTW: have a look at my interview posted on a website. Link is available on my blog website.

Cheers,
K.

Anonymous said...

You suppose to put Mehndi pics and stuff ... where are they ???

Kashif said...

Aoa Munazza,

I was told that you were not feeling well.

I hope you are recovering well now.

Best,
K.

Monazza Talha said...

@ Kashif

Thanks for the eid wishes. Eid went great as far as eidee is concerned. I bagged a lot of it. But I couldn't enjoy it that much (the food, the gatherings etc) as i was not 100% in form. I had a dreadful cough. most of which is finally gone now. So i can say i am 95% fit.

PS: I tried viewing your interview, but there was some error with the link. I have requested on your blog as well to re-check it so that we be able to see it. Thanks.

Monazza Talha said...

@ Anonymous

Well i did take a few pictures of 'our' mehandi clad hands from my phone camera. But don't know how they look on the PC when blown up. If any of those is good enough, i might put it up.