Tuesday 26 April 2005

Yet Another Mehandi of Another Friend

(Written on 24 April 2005)

On Saturday evening, I went on the mehandi of my friend Ghawas. The time was of 7:00 pm. I was quite late and reached there around 8:30 pm. But alas, seemed I was early after all. I was invited from the 'larkay walay' side (the boy's family). The girl’s family was already there at the reception. I had to wait about half an hour before my friend's family came.

But finally they did come. They brought the 'dhool walay' (traditional drum beaters) with them. The atmosphere remained loud till the 'dhool' was being beaten. But turned very quiet afterwards.

To tell you the truth, I was extremely bored becasue i had gone there on my on and was alone in the crowd. And also there was nothing else to do. No songs to sing with the 'dholki' and no 'bhangra' or 'luddi' to see.

All I did there was sit and smilingly stare towards the stage where my friend was sitting with his wife. Took a few pictures as well. Went up to my pal and said Hi too. And then when my father came to pick me up I went to the stage again to say my farewell and left.

Myself getting bored in such a situation was inevitable. I was expecting it and so it happend. But the main thing is that I wanted to be a part of my friend's wedding, and wanted to be there to congratulate him, and so I did. :-)

PS: I wonder what will happen on the 'walima' on Monday. ;-) heheheee

1 comment:

Kashif said...

Nice that you participated in your friend's wedding functions.Hope now you will be ready to deal such situations in a better way.

Most interesting thing is that i am writing these comments for the post-perhaps once writtena nd now forgotten- but for me its still new..chance jo aaj mila hei read kerne ka:)

best for now.
Kashif