Wednesday 27 April 2005

Story of Goldfish

For a long time, I had wanted to have a pet. My mother was not allowing it. She said that if I keep a pet I will have to take care of it myself, and since I don't have the time, I should not do it. Deep down I also know that I don't have much spare time to take care of a pet, but I still wanted one.

So lately I was obsessed with having two small turtles or some fish as pets. My mother was still not allowing it but suddenly this Sunday when she came back from grocery shopping, she brought a pair of goldfish for me. I was excited beyond explanation.

My mother put the fish in a glass jar. I was leaving for office that time (yeah for office on a Sunday) so I couldn't pay more attention to the fish. But I was excited that when I came back, there would be two fish to welcome me.

In the evening when I came back, the first thing I heard my father say upon entering the house was "One fish is dead! The other one is dying". That was a really big shock for me. Not even 24 hours had passed, one fish was already dead and the other one was dying.

I quickly took a very big container, filled it with clean water and shifted my 'living' fish to it. Gave it some food. Till I went to bed that day, I kept checking on it. It was ok, but a bit dull. Maybe because its partner was gone. I felt sorry for it and decided I will get some more fish to give this one company.

No comments: