Wednesday 27 April 2005

Story of Goldfish (still continues....)

The story continues.

Lady luck was not that generous with me. After a short while all my happiness and excitement fizzled out.

When in the evening I brought my sister back from her college (she has classes at such unearthly hours) she said she wanted to see my new fish. She went in the bathroom where I was keeping my fish. She yelled from there that she could see only two and not three fish. I ran to her and looked in the tub, and there were just two fish.

For a second I couldn't grasp what could have happened. Then suddenly I looked on the floor and there it was, my third fish, being eaten my ants. :-( I realized that it must have jumped and fell out of the water and landed on the ground.

I was extremely sad. So sad that tears started running from my eyes. My mother was laughing and saying that those were the reasons she didn't allow me to have pets. I was just feeling so helpless. Another fish lost and I couldn't do a thing to save it. It just hit me from nowhere. I was not expecting it.

So now I have two fish left. They were ok in the morning. I covered their tub with something so that they would not be able to jump out. I gave them food so they wouldn't die out of hunger. And I changed their water so that they don't suffocate in dirty water.

Now I can only hope and pray that they live, and live for a long time, till I get myself a proper aquarium and can shift them into it.

2 comments:

Laura Castelino said...

Had a fish that did the same thing
Recommendation:
1. air filter
2. mesh or a large newspaper with holes on top :)

Monazza Talha said...

Oh thanks for the nice, friendly advice. :-)

My fish still are deprived of a filter but i am using something of the sort you suggested in point 2 to keep them from jumping out.

The two that were left are still very much alive and swimming. :-)