Wednesday 27 April 2005

Story of Goldfish (continued...)

Now there are static pet shops or fish shops where you can go and get a pair or more for yourself. You can even order an aquarium there. Then there are the traditional, mobile sort-of fish pet shops. In that a person carries different fish in different plastic bags filled with water. All the bags are mounted on a big stalk-like thing. You can choose the ones you like and that man will give that plastic bag to you. You can then bring the fish home and put them in a container.

Now Tuesday morning, I said to my father that on our way home, if I saw that "mobile" fish man, I want to get partners for my fish at home. He resisted this but then agreed. Lady luck favoured me and when we were near our house, I saw that fish man. And I got a pair of goldfish from him.

When I reached home, I took out my 'lonely' fish, threw the dirty water, filled the container with fresh water and put all (now three) my fish in it. All of them were so active. Even my quiet fish had suddenly got energy and was happily swimming around with the other two. I gave them some food and they quickly gulped it down.

I was happy that now I had three energetic goldfish as pets.

No comments: