Thursday 3 February 2005

Story of the Jumble

Well the story of the jumble goes like this.

Last week on Wednesday I called my mother from the office to make a booking. She did and was told that the seat number would be 9. Then on Friday we went to the stop. My mother bought the ticket and gave it to me. Assuming that the seat number would be 9, I didn’t bother to even glance at the ticket. I mounted the "Daewoo", showed my ticket and advanced towards the number 9 seat.

I had been sitting on it for about 5 minutes when I had an urge to look at the ticket, and so I did. When I did, there it was, a number 8 making faces at me, before my eyes. I was shocked for a while but then got up, found my seat and sat there. [Turned out to me later that 8 was the window seat on which I was supposed to sit, but seeing another girl on it and assuming only odd numbers are window seats, I sat on number 7 instead.]

Then there came this lady and requested the hostess to give her seat number 1. She said she feels sick if sitting at the back. Her seat number was 18. Now, seat 1 was not empty. Neither were 2, 3 or 4. The seats belonged to 4 boys who did not want to send off one amongst them to the back. Also "ladies" were sitting in that area at the back so they would have disliked it too. ;-)

Suddenly my "service provider, social worker" self offered the lady that she could take my seat and I would go and sit at the back. But she was adamant that she wants seat 1.

Then the girl sitting next to me let her voice out and offered to help. The scenario was going to be that the lady would sit in seat 1. This girl would sit with her on seat 2. The boys will take the seats 3, 4, 7 & 8. [Seats 7 & 8 were right behind 2 & 3], and I would go and seat myself at seat 18.

So for the last time [it was just the third ;-)] I picked up my belongings and took the seat 18 as my final sitting place in the "Daewoo".

No comments: