Friday 11 February 2005

Green Trust Tower Drowned in Darkness

Yesterday, around 10:30 in the morning i was about to send a reply to my friend Attiya on MSN Messenger when suddenly the computer screen turned black. Turned out that everybody in the office faced the same dilema of the black screen. The reason being power failure.

We waited for a couple of mintes for the power to be restored, but in vain. It never happened. I paid the roof of the 14 storey building a visit, made friends with the receptionist and talked to her for a long time, but still the power wasn't restored. The only electricity inthe buiding was beig fed to the elevators so that the people going from ground floor to the 14th wouldn't die out of loss of breath on the stairs. ;)

I decided i could use this time to do some tasks, like getting the horm of my car fixed, and to go meet my Dadi Jan (grandmother). So i fled the darkness covered building to do what i had planned. It seemed darker as it was not a sunny day but a cloudy, rainy one.

I was sitting at my Dadi Jan's place when the clock struck 2:30 pm. I tok leave from her and got back, hoping to see some light. But alas! the power was still not restored. It was told to be a "major fault" and there was no chace of the return of electricity any time soon.

So finally i left that place, earlier than the usual time, hopeing that tomorrow would bring light with itself to wash away the darkness.

No comments: