Friday 11 February 2005

....And the Darkness Spread

Well the darkness was not only cloaking the building but it spread to my company as well. After visiting my Dadi Jan, when I returned to the office, everybody was still here. I also stayed and waited for a while. And then it was disclosed that out project manager has been relieved of his duties by the CEO.

That was indeed a dark moment as I hate seeing people get fired. And that too was no ordinary person, but my PM. Cannot imagine him doing anything so wrong so as to get fired.


He seemed upset. We all felt bad. But there was nothing we could do. The CEO called us from USA and talked to each and everyone of us. He was trying to make us feel as if nothing has happened. He wanted his work done. He was gentle but he was the CEO too. I did assure him to complete my work, but I didn't feel any better.


I left the office with the rest, saying goodbye to H the PM, thinking how would it feel the next day not seeing him around.

No comments: