Friday 25 February 2005

Cough Cough Go Away!

About a week or so ago my sister caught a cold, yet again, and i made fun of her. I did it as she got the flu for the third time in three months. I said that she was interested in "fashion" and didn't wear her jersey to the college, so thats why it happened.

Just the next day i started feeling something in my own throat. Turned out i was coughing and sneezing at the end of that day myself. I had got the flu too. Poor me. Maybe it was God's way of teaching me a lesson for making fun of my sister. :-D

Anyways for a few days i took some medicine (irregularly) and had a few cups of "joshaanda" (herbal tea) to cure the cough. It was effective too and the signs started fading away. I was hopeful that it would just go away, and stoped my medicine and joshaanda treatment. *cough*

But its been so many days after that. I still have a cough. It is not painful anymore. But it is damn irritating. Suddenly, out of nowhere, it would attack me, leaving me helpless. Now the tables have turned and my sister has started making fun of me. She says i am coughing and coughing as if i have Tuberculosis (God forbid). *cough cough cough* (At least thats how they show a TB patient in Pakistani movies, coughing and coughing whole day and night, non-stop)

I hope i can get rid of this soon. Its so irritating taht i can't even talk to someone over the pone without coughing in their ears continuously. ;-) *cough* Abbu suggested i take in lots of black pepper, do gargles with salty water and eat honey. So from tomorrow i m going to do that. No more medicine for me, no siree. Just the "desi" treatments.

Lets see how effective they will be and how soon can they help me get rid of the iritant cough. Ending my post with a *cough*. ;-)

No comments: