Wednesday 10 December 2008

December 09: International Anti Corruption Day

On Eid day i came to know that such a day as 'International Anti Corruption Day' is also observed. And it is observed on December 09 of every year. I came to know of this through the banners that were put on Islamabad Highway from Faizabad till Zero Point.

While going towards Islamabad, on seeing these banners, i at once tried to take a picture. I failed. Then on my way back i tried again. Still failed to take a picture from the moving car. Since the highway was almost empty, my sister suggested to stop the car, turn on the indicators, and then take a picture. So i took her advice. But just as i was about to shoot, i saw a fast moving vehicle approaching me from behind. I made it quick, hit the button to take the picture and hurried forward.

I thought that in my haste i would have succeeded in blurring the picture. But turned out that the picture was absolutely fine. *Phew* My endeavours paid off and i got a picture of the banner. As soon as i got home, i put the picture up on Islamabad Metblogs. (Felt like a real journalist at that time.)

Note: I am hoping that we are not just busy in putting up anti corruption banners, taking their pictures and discussing this on different forums but are also doing something for its eradication. It is a hard thing to do, as the disease has spread far and wide. But we can't give up on it without trying. I can start with my own self. I believe that if everyone does that then it will be a big little step towards erasing corruption from our country. May Allah give us strength and patience to go the whole way. :-)

No comments: