Tuesday 1 January 2008

Continued Pursuit of Hot Water Caused a Casualty

The pursuit of the hot water continued today as well. But today there was a casualty. Yesterday the frost on the car wind screen was very thick. I used hot water to remove it. Keeping the picture of yesterday’s frost in my mind, I thought today would be same. So I asked my mother to heat up some water while I got ready for office. When it was time to leave, it was time to take the water with me. The available container was a plastic bottle. As soon as the hot water was poured into it, it crumpled. ;-)

Yes I know, I should have known better than to pour that hot water in a plastic bottle. But at the spur of the moment it happened automatically. Thank god the bottle withstood the heat and only crumpled instead of turning into a sieve full of holes. I was able to transport the water up to the car where I splashed it over all the glass I could see on the car. ;-)

When done, I threw the bottle away as keeping that wrinkly bottle was going to be of no use. That bottle was the brave casualty in today’s hot pursuit of hot water. May it rest peacefully in the dustbin.

1 comment:

Kashif said...

Assaalam-o-alaikum Monazza,

I hope everything is fine on your side.

Its really sad to know about the hot water dilema.

I hope by now this issue has been resolved.

I beleive that you have learnt a lesson that never take a war against cold water in winter especially these days:)

Its very cold here as well and last week i enjoyed a bit snow in Scotland.

Best for now.
Kashif