Monday 14 January 2008

"Blogspot" Blocked Again?

Just now I was trying to access my own blog but i kept getting a "page not found" error. I thought maybe the blogger servers are really busy. I tried again and failed. I tried opening my friend's blog and I failed yet again.

Seeing this I suspected the "blogspot" domain getting blocked by the "authorities". (I had my reasons of suspicion. One being this that this had happened before.) So I tried accessing the blog via a proxy. And THIS time I succeeded.

I wonder what has somebody put on their blog NOW that moved our authorities to block it. Last time it was the issue of people publishing the cartoons of our prophet Muhammad (PBUH). What the cartoonists, their supporters and promoters did was really unacceptable as well as hurtful to the feelings of all Muslims, but what has BLOGGER got to do with it? Why block it and deprive us all of even our own blogs!

No comments: