Tuesday 16 October 2007

Silly Idea: Paper Embroidery

On the day after the Eid, i had a holiday. (I was the only one who had one holiday, the rest of my family got two :'( boo hoo hooo) Anways, so rested a lot that day. But when i got tired of resting, lying down and lazing around i started thinking of some activity to help move my muscles. Exercise, no chance! TV, it's so boring during the holidays! Read a book, oh well i want to move muscles and not my pupils.

Then suddenly i got a strange idea. I had some paper in front of me along with my sewing needle and some balls of coloured thread. And i said to myself, "Eureka! Paper embroidery!". I just took a piece of paper and embroidered a little pink flower using lazy daisy on it. And then i made a stem for it with the stem stitch. It was nothing but was my achievement as i did all that on the paper without letting the paper get torn. ;-) And since it was my achievement, and i am telling you about it as well, so "naturally" had to show it to as well. Take a look!

Paper Embroidery

Not a very good image i guess and maybe u can't make out if it is really paper or not. Here is another snapshot my work and this time i made sure you can see the "lines" of the paper as well ;-)

Paper Embroidery - Proof it IS Paper

So there you go. Now you know i can come up with silly ideas and am capable of executing those as well. Keep on the lookout for more of my paper embroidery art.


No comments: