Wednesday 3 October 2007

Attack of the Rats

Poor me! My desk drawer in the office has once again been raided by a rat or two. I don’t know what to do. The rats not only chew up my papers but also sharpen my pencils for me. Somebody please tell them that I already do have not one but THREE sharpeners, so I don’t need their services. Maybe they are social worker rats. They feel it an obligation to come and “clean up” my stuff.

Once they ate a sugar sachet in my drawer. Then they nibbled on my grape-flavoured Mentos. They didn’t even eat it. Just devoured the wrapper and crunched away the flavour coating. I had to throw the whole pack away, in fear of getting contaminated eatables into my system.

One thing I have noticed. Rats don’t like tea. Now you would be wondering, how I came to this conclusion. Well, while snacking on all my “eatables” in the drawer, the one thing they didn’t even touch were my Lipton Yellow Label tea bags. Strange but true! During all their little sneaky visits, not even once did I find a torn tea bag in my drawer. Maybe they think caffeine is bad for their health.

Whatever! I just want rats to be out of my drawer for ever. Can try setting up a mouse trap right under my desk, but wouldn’t that look funny?

Suggestions anyone!

3 comments:

Kashif said...

Dear Monazza,

Firstly you should be thankful to these rats as their attack helped you to find out that Rats don't like tea. What a great research:)

Secondly if you really wish to get those rats out of your way then have a beautiful cat as your pet as the celebrities used to carry their lovely dogs and cats with them all the time.

Don't use any rat trapper; what if you get caught accidently and thats too in your office.

Well if you don't like cats then buy some rat killer tablets.

Best for now.
Kashif

Monazza Talha said...

You have no idea how thankful i am tot he rats for my new discovery. Now i can boast about it everywhere as this info was gained first hand.

I have considered the killer tablets but since the rats have become so fond of my drawer, i don't want them to make it their final resting place. That would really make me sick ;-)

Cat is something i have wanted all my life. Can somebody convince my mother please!

Kashif said...

Well dear, you should show some good Islamic references(if any available) regarding cats to your mom and display a picture of cat in your room. And then after sometime buy a beautiful cat and ask your mother that how beautiful and poor she is. She has no owner(though Monazza owns the cat:)) so we should keep it even for few days.

And Woh few days kaise Joh Kabhi Khatam ho Jaein.

Agar aap Abhi se Himmat Haar Gain tu Aage bari Lambi Umer Pari hei.

Himmat-e-Aurat Mad'de Khuda

Have a good time.
Kashif