Tuesday 16 October 2007

Eid ul Fitr 2007

Sunday was Eid-ul-Fitr here. I am using the word "here" to use it in a broad sense as i can't say "here in Pakistan". In Pakistan we had Eid on Friday, then on Saturday and then finally on Sunday as well. Funny we Muslims are in majority in Pakistan and we call ourselves a nation but cannot get united even on celebration of joyous occasions like Eid.

I got some consolation when i heard that this time in the USA as well as in Europe, Muslims celebrated multiple Eids. I just hope this "multiple Eid" virus did not originate and spread from Pakistan. Now considering it did, how shameful would THAT be!

3 comments:

Kashif said...

Monazza could you imagine that some families celebrated 2 Eids in one home in UK.
I was really surprised to know that family memebers were going to two different mosques and the mosques announced eid on different days. So how surprising it would be for me when i rang them for Eid greetings.

May Allah(SWT) guide all Muslims. Ameen.

Kashif

Monazza Talha said...

This news of one family celebrating 2 Eids was both hilarious as well as depressing at the same time.

Sometimes it seems that the Moon is playing pranks on us Muslims. :-D

Kashif said...

I would say that people are playing pranks on Moon.

I have used word people instead of Muslims coz a Muslim can never do things like that.