Thursday 30 December 2004

Pay Cheque

Yesterday I got an envelop from our office Administrator. It said Monazza T on it. I was asked to sign a small piece of paper before I was given possession of the envelop.

It was my first pay cheque at iEngineering. I hadn't realized and almost a whole month had passed. From 6th December 2004 to 29th December 2004. Time really flies!

When I was given the envelop I quietly took it, saying thanks, and then put it on my table right beside my handbag. Even though I knew what was in it and how much was it, I still wanted to take a look inside.

But just as I never liked opening birthday gifts in front of the guests, I never liked peeking at the pay cheque in front of my colleagues. So I patiently waited for the lunch hour when the office becomes empty.

Finally the lunch hour came and I quickly snatched the envelop and opened it. I was happy to see the amount of money on the cheque. But to my dismay the spellings of my name were wrong. Instead of "Monazza" it said "Monnaza". Most of you who are reading this would have even missed the difference. But since its my name, I never can.

So I had to go to the gentleman in the administration and ask him to amend the mistake. Now I have a cheque with my previous name crossed with a million crosses and my correctly spelled name on it.

Now I just hope that my bank accepts it and gives me my money as I am in no mood to pay yet another visit to the admin section. ;)

2 comments:

Anon said...

I hope u finally got the money in your account and havent got to vist the admin. section again as it is really a pain to visit admin sections and get you work done i reckon..;)

Monazza Talha said...

Yeah, going to the admin office/section and getting your work done is really a pain. ;-) I used to think that it only happens in Pakistan, but getting your work done even in UK is not that easy. :-D

Well i had been lazy and did not go to the bank. Last Saturday was a bank holiday and this one i wasted sleeping. (I am talking about Saturdays as the rest of the days are work days) So i will know next week if my cheque is valid or not. I hope it is. ;-)