Tuesday 28 December 2004

A 1000 Emails in my Bulk Mail Folder

A few days ago a strange thought came to my mind and I set out on a mission to collect 1000 junk emails in my Bulk mail folder in my Yahoo mail account. Every day I had been "emptying" my Bulk mail folder a couple of times a day so I thought lets see if I don't do that for a couple of days. I was pretty sure that at most in a week or two I will be able to achieve my task. Also with a 250 MB size of the mailbox, the storage space was not going to be a problem.

But alas! My wishes didn't come true. I started collecting the spam on 16th of December 2004 and today on the 28th, after 12 days, all I have in my Bulk mail folder are 204 mails, to be exact.

I suspected myself of secretly deleting a couple of emails from there. I even suspected that somehow the spammers came to know of my "plan" and they are conspiring against me. But the suspicion is not helping.

I guess the spam filter of Yahoo is too good to be breached by a ton of spam. Maybe now I should start the same experiment with Hotmail and compare the results. :-D

No comments: