Saturday 1 November 2008

Trance News: A Whole New World (Read Office)

On Tuesday, October 7, 2008, i finally landed in office after my five Eid holidays and one sick leave. It was like a whole new world. The office on the 2nd floor was neat (unlike the clutter clad, messy look we left before leaving for holidays). It looked roomier. Everybody was sitting in a new position (as compared with the seating arrangement in the old office). I had my own new place too. Directions to there would be at the end of the hall, beside the pillar, in front of a dedicated window (through which sunlight kept bugging me and the heat kept roasting me till i got it covered up with paper hehe).

There were some other changes as well. 3 new people had joined the company, one being in my QA team. Another thing i noticed was that another team member of mine was not present. I inquired about him and was told that there was no news of him. He left a day before the Eid holidays and so this Tuesday was his 8th consecutive leave day. I got a bit worried about the well being and put HR to the task of finding about him. (I also had other doubts in mind but i dismissed those, thinking that if there was anything else going on, my QA guy would come to me to discuss.)

There was a funny new thing as well. All air-conditioners were in place but they could not be turned on due to some last minute wiring and tweaking. The central cooling of the building was also not working. So to beat the heat, 5-6 old fashioned pedestal fans had been arranged for. They were standing tall throughout the hall, providing their breeze to different bunches of people. (The fans sure did look funny! Not because they were fans but because they looked ancient. Literally!)

Its been a long time since that first day in the 'whole new office' that i have forgotten some details from in between. I will keep on adding stuff as i remember. ;-)

Oh and not to forget, i as not 100% well that day either. Spending the time, morning till night, there was not an easy task. I had taken my 'bori' (sack) of medicines with me that included the joshandas, Strepsils and vitamin c tablets. ;-) I was taking goodies out of that, frm time to time, to consume.

That's what my whole new world (read office) looked like on my first day in it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you post some pictures of your new office too?

Monazza Talha said...

Yup sure, can try. Took a few only yesterday. Let's see when i get round to uploading and giving you a glimpse. :-)

Monazza Talha said...

BTW: Which 'anonymous' are you? I don't think you are the default anonymous poster of my blogs? Or are you? :-D

Kashif said...

You have moved your office and i have heard the same about LMKR that its moving office after Marriot, blast.

I think you guys were moved due to space issues.

Best,
K.

Anonymous said...

Yup ... ur right smarty pants :D

Anonymous said...

Wow..I didn't know you kept track of your anonymous commenters..

Isn't that against the whole idea of anonymous posting?

Anonymous said...

Being Anonymous is an identity in itself. Isn't it :D

Monazza Talha said...

@Kashif

You guessed absolutely right. We moved because of space issues, since we are expanding. Also we moved within the building by switching a floor.

Monazza Talha said...

@ Anonymous, anonymous & anonymous

Am not deliberately keeping track of the anonymous commenters. But their style of expression kind of identifies them. They themselves give away a part of their identity by sticking to their own specific style of 'speech'. Don't blame me, blame yourself O anonymous one(s)! ;-)

Yes being anonymous is an identity in itself. I couldn't agree more. I just tried a little further categorization.

Anonymous said...

it is a good way to port rate the feelings of good or bad day of life, and i think she has ability to express her way of light thinking about surrounding in light way............. keep it up

Monazza Talha said...

@Anonymous (the one who posted right before me)
From the way of your expression i am guessing you are a totally different anonymous commenter. Thanks for the support. :-D