Wednesday 9 April 2008

Big Historical Door in a Narrow Street

…..and so the story of the Lahore trip continues.

From Daata Darbaar we headed towards Badshahi mosque in yet another rickshaw brigade. The journey was as jolty as could be but since the distance was short, it didn’t matter much. When the rickshaw driver told me that we were at the destination, I didn’t quite believe it. The reason was that we were standing in a narrow street and all the signs that I could see of anything historical was one big door. I was relieved when I was told that I would definitely see something splendid once I crossed the door.

Trusting the rickshaw driver and my own instincts I entered that big door. And I was glad that I did as I was not disappointed at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is picture of u eating ChaWal at DataDerbaar ??? :))))

Monazza Talha said...

Didn't have time for that, though i really wished to could grab a few morsels from the big 'daigs'. Namkeen chawal, meethay chawal, maybe daal roti as well as daal chawal. :-) hehe

I did, however, get my feet really dirty there. Want a picture of that? :-P