Thursday 29 November 2007

Traffic Jam on November 28, 2007

Yesterday was a troublesome day. There were many small bumps on the road.

I was already a bit late in going to the office. When I finally set out to go, I got stuck in a traffic jam. I couldn’t get out of Chaklala Scheme 3 because of the heavy traffic. All the cars were moving like drops of water trickling down a narrow opening. There was a continuous need of applying brakes and the starting off again. Inch by inch I moved along with the surge of the cars. And finally when I got out of that mess and crossed Ammar Chowk, I breathed a sigh of relief.

I cursed the president a bit for all this choked traffic as it had occurred due to the fact that he was supposed to take off the Army uniform and take up the charge of the country as a civilian citizen.

Take a look at the following shot of the jammed cars in a row. It does not provide a clear picture of the traffic clutter, but you can get an idea:

Chaklala Scheme 3 Traffic Jam

2 comments:

Kashif said...

I still remember the traffic Jams in Chaklala Scheme 111 due to the president.

As you already know that traffic is also bad here as well thats why i haven't bothered to buy a car and rely on walking and getting Luas-trams.

Cheers.
Kashif

Monazza Talha said...

Yes the traffic jams are only getting worse with the passing days. If only we had a nice public transport system here, i would have also preferred to use that instead of a personal car. But since we do not have any such system, the cars on the roads are also increasing.

The increased number of cars is a big factor in causing traffic jams. Traffic jams shatter human nerves and cause polution.

What a 'bad' chain of events!