Tuesday 27 November 2007

My Nokia 3100: May Its Soul Rest In Peace

The first ever mobile phone that I bought and used was Nokia 3100. I saw it in the hands of a friend and fell in love with it instantly due to its blue colour. Looking up on it on the Internet revealed that it was also available in pink and white colours but blue was the one I wanted. I afforded it at that time as well, so went to the market and got it.

I kept it safe for more than a year, using it with care. And then I wanted to buy a newer better one. So I did and put this one away. Then my father needed a phone so I offered this one to him, to use for a while, till he got his own (which by the way he never did ;-) hehehe).

This weekend my father had gone to Lahore. On reaching there he called us and reported that he has lost the mobile. He was not to sure how. One guess was that some pickpocket did it. The other guess was that the phone bounced out of his waist coat’s pocket due to the extreme jostling of the rickshaw on the bumpy roads. (Even if the roads are not bumpy, a rickshaw would still jostle you and make milkshake of your internals, not to mention shatter your ear drums.)

Whatever the cause of the loss was, I was not paying much attention to it. All I could think of was that my Nokia 3100 was no more. It had embarked on a journey from where there was no return. May its soul rest in peace. *sniff sniff*

2 comments:

Attiya said...

Hello Aunty,

Really sorry to read about the late cell phone, I hope it 'll be resting in peace now.

rest of the things seem ok on your side for the moment but one thing is for sure, that your writing style is changing, a bit of drama is added to it since last 6 or 7 posts..isn't it :P, is it natural or intentional..8-|

Attiya

Monazza Talha said...

Hi Beta, :-D

You are absolutely right about the spice of drama that I have am adding to my blogs lately. hehe See i added it in this comment as well. ;-)

Well i would say i do a bit of dramatics naturally but to make it more visible in the blogs i put in little intentional efforts.

Hope you dont get fed up of this drams.

Love, Aunty :-D