Wednesday 22 June 2005

I am Disgusted

Ever since i put the Site Meter counter on my blog, it has been a habit to visit that site regularly and log in to check my blog traffic [which is at times really pathetic and painful :D heheheee]. One of the nice things about the detailed information provided there is that the URLs that refered people to my blog are also listed there.

Yesterday, I was just checking out the site meter site and spotted a new visitor. I opened the details page to see who the visitor is, where was she/he refered from, to which part of the world she/he belongs to etc.

There was this referring URL there it the details. I clicked it. As soon as the page opened, i was disgusted. It was some sort of a search engine thingy, providing services to search blogs. There it was, the name and URL of my blog, in the list. But the rest of the entries in the list were shocking and alarming. Almost all the entries said something like 'See so-&-so N***'. Some even contained some words i wouldn't even dare mention here. It made me sick. Felt like puking.

Didn't have a clue as to how to scratch the name of my blog off such a search engine. I know i can't do a thing (Maybe i can try disguising my blog under a false name). And i have a feeling that that was not the last time i saw such a thing.

But i like blogging. And i guess minor *gulp* such things can't force me to go underground and erase my bloggy presence from the web. :-)

1 comment:

Kashif said...

That's good decision. Keep the courage to write blogs and be alive on the web.

I hope you might want to know from where i got you blog:)Isn't it? well I am also a member of F3 Adventrious group and you posted your link over there and actually you did great. Previously i was reading blogs written by Aftab(Ex-f3an) but now it is interesting and nice to read the blogs posted by you.

Keep smiling.
Kashif