Thursday 14 May 2009

Bucket Full of Sunshine


Last weekend i had gone to Lahore. It was really hot there but it was still fun as i got to see many new things. Those were minor things but very new for me. One such thing i saw was on my way back to Rawalpindi from there.

About an hour and a half had passed since the Daewo had taken off and we were on the motorway. I was on the window seat and had put Ammi on the isle one. There was still light outside so i was looking out, as far as i could see through the dirty window. Suddenly something yellow, that was far off, caught my eyes. Those were yellow fields. Not too many but spread on quite a large area.

The first thing that came to my mind was that "It can't be 'sarsoon' (mustard)". As the bus approached those yellow fields my suspicion turned to reality. It was truly NOT "sarsoon".

Those were fields of sunflowers. I was amazed at the sight and was spellbound. I had seen sunflower plants here and there before, even up to 30 or 40. But never in my life i had seen a field full of sunflowers with my own eyes. It was fascinating!

I wished the bus could stop and i could stamp the beautiful view onto my eyes, mind, heart and soul. If that wasn't possible i wanted to take a few photos to keep reminding me of the mesmerizing view. But i knew that was not possible.

I made a plan that if i ever get a chance, i will take my own car on the motorway, up to that point and take pictures, as many as i can. I am not sure when will i be able to do this, but at least i have a plan and can work towards it.

I wish i could share that view with you all, but i have is a picture of these handful of sunflowers, my bucket full of sunshine. :-)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a deadline for your this project. I think by the end of this month is good enough. So yea we need pics by 1st June. Now you really have a plan to work on :D

Yea those yellow fields look just amazing. I am really trying hard to recall my such memories but I guess my those brain cells have already been recycled.

Good one more reason that I want to see those pics :-)

Monazza Talha said...

Oh you don't know how much i wish i could meet this deadline. I am so excited i could go practically "immediately" to get the desired shots. Let's see if i'll be able to do this or will this castle remain in the air and in my imagination.

-Monazza.

Anonymous said...

Ok this might not totally be the right place to ask this question, but I been thinking about buying a camera. Anything under $250 would do. Yea yea I know I am cheap ... WHATEVERRRR ...

anyways ... so my inclination is towards PowerShot SX110 IS. What you say? or any other recommendation that you would like to make?

Thanks :-)

Monazza Talha said...

This is a good camera. It has a nice digital zoom. A great optical zoom of 10x for enthusiasts who are not professionals. It looks good. Has a nice size and seems easy to carry.

But then it is powered by AA size batteries. About AA batteries, the good thing is that they are readily available all around the world and you don't need to carry chargers and all. But the down is that these run out really quickly.

Why don't you take a look at the specs of Sony DSC-H10. It's a camera with almost identical features as the Canon one but it is powered by a lithium-ion battery that allows longer shooting power. I am not aware of the prices but i am sure these are going to be more or less the same.

In the the end, the choice is yours. :-)

-Monazza.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for a great suggestion and yea I noticed that specs are almost the same. The price difference is hardly $30. I definitely will look into it. I was thinking that I should go to Best Buy and carry it in my hand to see how big it is. I don't really need too much of a professional camera. I am looking for something light that can easily fit into my pocket.

Anyways, thanks a lot again. I really appreciate your help.

Monazza Talha said...

Well both the Canon you suggested and the Sony i did will not fit in your pocket, unfortunately. They are not very big; not as big as the DSLRs in the market, but they are also not very compact. It is a good idea to actually go and have a feel of these to see if you like the size or not. If you are hesitant because of the size, then there are other options as well.

But i would still suggest the Sony camera (or the Canon) because of the nice 10x optical zoom, that you will not find in smaller sized cameras (at least not yet).

The optical zoom allows you to zoom in on smaller objects or far off places, and still the picture quality of a zoomed image does not deteriorate.

It was glad to be of service and provide suggestions. :-)

-Monazza.

Anonymous said...

Guess what ... I ordered it ... :D

Yea rather a newer model that came out in April ... Sony-Cyber-shot 10.1-Megapixel Digital Camera-Black-DSC-H20/B.

I think I'll get it by 21st. Keeping my fingers crossed on that.

Thanks again for all your help. I really appreciate that.

Me --

Monazza Talha said...

Good that you ordered. I hope you like what you see when the bundle gets to you. I guess you are going to be my newest photography competitor! lol :-D

-Monazza.

Anonymous said...

I received it today :p ... yea I was eager to get it, so I asked for express delivery.

Its not that big and it does fit in my pocket, though not the jeans one .. :p ... but still good enough. I took couple of pictures, but can't take more than 2. Doesn't have enough memory. I'll go to BestBuy to buy a bigger mem. card ... and yea a bag for my baby :P

Its not that complicated to use, but pretty powerful. Zoom is amazingly cool. I really liked the quality of pictures. It has both auto adjustments for beginners like I and manual ones for pros like you :D

Overall I'll give it A+ :D

Thanks for your kind help again. Lets see how your choice works for me ;)

Monazza Talha said...

Ooppss! I forgot to mention the memory issue earlier. These cameras don't have a lot of internal memory so an external one is required. And i am sure yours would require the Memory Stick Pro Duo which is more expensive than the regular SD memory (SD, microSD, miniSD).

But i guess you can afford it so have fun with your camera. I am sure you are going to love it more and more each day.

-Monazza.

Anonymous said...

Yea I knew that, but anyways I bought Memory card and Bag. I think now I am all set and ready to roll :)

Kashif said...

Nice to read all this conversation:)

I have Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70 touch screen one, 2008 model. Its working fine for me so far though i would like to get something more fine in future.

I don't see myself a good competitor in photography but just want to capture the scenes n situations:)