Tuesday 22 March 2005

Why was I away?

For a day or two after writing my blog on March 2005, I was under siege of laziness. But after that, on Friday 11 March 2005 there came a big blow. I got a news and after that for about a week I was nearly numb. Daily life routine was going on but deep inside I was shaken, and so were all my family members.

It was the news of a death. Death of an uncle of mine, who was the cousin of both my parents. The initial news was that he has passed away in an accident in USA. Later on we came to know that he had a heart attack that instantly took his life and thus caused the accident. He was 35.

We were too close to his family (his mother, his brother and him) and it was hard seeing his mother, having to bear such a burden. What was even sadder was that he had not met his family for nearly 7 years, and he was just planning to visit Pakistan.

Who knew that he would come to Pakistan in such a state, in a coffin.

The whole 8 days, till his dead body arrived from USA, were extremely depressing. The feeling of human helplessness was hard to bear. Some might say that death is inevitable and it happens all the time so why be so depressed. But it was not death but the whole 'unexplainable' situation that was depressing.

On Friday 18 March he was laid to rest. May Allah rest his soul in peace. Ameen.

1 comment:

Monazza Talha said...

Thanks for your kind remarks. :-)