Wednesday 9 March 2005

Dirty Laundry, Wet Laundry, Oh My God!

By this last Sunday all my clean clothes had transformed into dirty laundry. Situation turned so bad that i didn't even know what to wear to work on Monday, unless i washed some clothes. And so i did. Started at 9 at night and finished around 10. (What the hell was i doing the whole day!)

Sqeezed as many drops of water out of the wet clothes as i could and hung them on the clothes line. Came back in the house like a triumphant soldier. Satisfied that now i will have some clean clothes to wear to work the next morning.

The next morning came. I went out to get the clothes i had decided to wear. To my dismay they were still wet. Not dripping wet but not dry either. I felt like banging my head against the nearby wall but refrained from doing it. Instead took the clothes and brought them inside. Turned on the iron and started ironing my clothes dry.

And God! it took so long. 15 minutes alone on my qameez (shirt) and even longer on my shalwaar (trousers). :-S I was mad at myself for not doing the laundry on time and also angry at my fate that why did it have to happen in the morning when time is already short. :-S

Finally my mother came to my rescue. She took over while i was ironing my shalwaar so that i could go and change the shirt and at least comb my hair. :-D And finally i got dressed fully. But by that tim ei was about 10 minutes late.

Abbu was quite understanding that day. He didn't utter a single time to hurry up. He could see my plight and he was enjoying it as i could see him smile constantly. ;-) Finally when i got in the car and we set off i was also laughing deep inside at what had just happend. ;-)

No comments: