Monday 18 October 2004

Mahi Ve

The first review I read on Atif Aslam's album Jalpari was enough to keep me away from it. The emphasis in the review was on the Punjabi tracks which were portrayed to be the worst on the album.

But I am a person who does not believe on first impressions, so I thought that I will give it a try. Downloaded a few tracks, which I had not heard before during the Gohar-Atif fights, and listened to those. I did not like them and so believed the review to be absolutely true.

And then I came to Pakistan. I was just watching IM when a song started. I was not paying much attention to it, but as it progressed I was forced to concentrate. That was one of the Punjabi tracks of ATif Aslam's album called 'Mahi Ve'. When the track finished I wished it would play once again. It was really good.

Here in the markets every other guy is humming this song. Just stand anywhere for 5 minutes in the market and you are bound to hear a guy or two trying to attract your attraction with thing.
To tell you the truth, I have also fallen in love of this song. Even though I don't understand it fully. due to my lack of understanding of the Punjabi language, I really like the music. It sounds really sweet.

[Don't take me wrong when I say the song is sweet, because I AM referring to the song and NOT Atif Aslam. ;) heheheee]

So if any of you can get your hands on the album, whether you listen to the most famous and hyped about Aadat or not, listening to 'Mahi Ve' is a must.

(I would also recommend Jal Pari and Bheegi Yadain.)

No comments: